Thursday, October 8, 2020

Draw Your Version of Picasso

 A lot of the abstraction of Picasso occurs because of fracturing (dividing and changing each part) or distortion.   Many of his paintings show two sides of the face at the same time.  Some times it is a frontal view and a profile, sometimes it is the right and left profile together.

You can draw this type of fractured painting in Adobe Photoshop by choosing a profile of a photograph to draw. 

This combination has three eyes and a small dog in the middle, but it is just about strange enough to appeal.
I started my example with Dr. Bear from the side.
Using a brush with a 3 pixel tip and black paint I traced the basic information
of TB.

 In my layers menu I duplicate the drawing.

Under edit I transform the layer by flipping it horizontally.

Then I began to move around both layers to achieve the 
two sides of the face look.

You can change your cubism drawing to your own preference.

I decide that I like the second face in the middle, but it is too wide.

Under edit I can free transform the image.

Then I crop the extra parts of the canvas.

All that is left is to paint your drawing in the style of Picasso.


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your post thanks for the information. Some products require special packaging solutions the keep their worth and value intact.Custom Rigid Boxes Ideas

    ReplyDelete